MLitt CQU, BA Qld, BHMS(ed) Qld
Angela Murphy is a playwright, story writer, and trained facilitator. She provides professional writing services throughout north Queensland and her work has been published in newspapers, magazines and online. JUTE Theatre Company based in Cairns has produced her comedy works to very receptive audiences, including, The Boathouse (2006), What are the Odds? (2011) and Stewed (2015).
Angela’s short play, Survival Instincts was an award-winner at the Brisbane, Sydney and Canberra Short and Sweet Festivals (2009-10). Her stage plays are available online from the Australian Script Centre. Angela loves writing and reading and derives endless joy working with words. She is currently working on her next play Prospect Terrace.
- writes educational resources, business profiles, job applications, resumes and promotional material
- writes short stories and feature articles which have been published in newspapers, magazines and online
- mentors fiction and non-fiction writers and award applicants
- develops scripts for radio advertising, corporate theatre, and video presentations
- users her training as a facilitator and participates as a writers’ festival panellist
- presents writing workshops throughout Queensland
- presents on ABC Radio Far North
- worked as an Editorial Consultant for the Queensland Writers’ Centre
- completed a Real Estate copy-writing course with the Australian Writers’ Centre.
Master of Letters (Creative Writing) CQU
Bachelor of Arts (English & Women’s Studies) UQ
Bachelor of Human Movement Studies (Education) UQ
Registered Teacher, Queensland College of Teachers